Roofing Performance Factors
Red Roof Exteriors does not install a roof, we install a roofing system. There are many aspects of the system designed to protect against specific potential threats. Decking/sheathing, synthetic underlayment, ice & water shield, ventilation, the shingles themselves all play an important role to come together and soundly protect your home.
- RAIN. Water is essential to life. It is also the cause of a tremendous amount of damage and a huge burden the the entire insurance industry. Directing and containing the water to flow over and beyond your home is vital.
- CONDENSATION. Proper ventilation will enable the release of the moist air that would otherwise be trapped and cause multiple problems. Without this proper flow and air release the decking supporting your roof will become soft and compromised.
- SHINGLES MISSING/TORN/DETERIORATED. The goal of the system is to repel the elements. If the part of the system is obviously missing or damaged the system is compromised and water will find its way in. At some point the life of the system has served its designed purpose and re-investing in your home via a new roofing system is simply a required necessity.
- SNOW / ICE. “Ice and Water” is literally the name of a necessary product that is integrated into the system. Snow and Ice sitting on the roof for extended periods of time requires special protection to prevent issues.
- WIND. High powered winds at certain angles can result in shingles being torn or blown off. Proper installation of the product will help prevent this from occurring as well as investing in higher quality of products.
- HAIL. The almighty hail storm damages the shingle and causes the replacement of many roofs every year.
Red Roof Exteriors 812-827-4040.